How to Dockerize a simple Java serviceDockerJava
Quick overview of how to Dockerize a very simple Java REST API service. I will use the resulting project in the next videos on Kubernetes, to exemplify how to use the different features of Kubernetes and more specifically how to deploy and configure an application in a Kubernetes cluster.
- The cool-service Git repo where the sources of this simple service are: https://github.com/learn-alexchiri-com/cool-service
- The Dropwizard homepage: https://www.dropwizard.io/en/latest/
- The documentation of the dropwizard-example project that I used as a base for the cool-service (almost identical): https://www.dropwizard.io/en/latest/manual/example.html
- The location of the cool-service image on Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/alexchiri/cool-service
- Documentation on multi-stage builds: https://docs.docker.com/develop/develop-images/multistage-build/